As a Senior Software Engineer you will lead the web-based GUI development team and support the Application Messaging Framework (AMF). Designs, develops and tests enterprise software critical to multiple systems across the Customer enterprise. You should have a strong background developing enterprise-grade Java applications with experience matching the skills outlined below. Experience with JMS is a plus. All candidates must possess an active TS/SCI with FSPoly.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- All candidates must hold an active DoD security clearance at the highest level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years
- At least three years of experience in the SIGINT, IA and IT domains
- 5+ years of experience developing enterprise-grade Java applications
- Strong leadership skills and mentoring ability
- Knowledge of the Spring Framework and Dependency Injection
- Experience with data binding and object serialization using XML, JSON, or Avro
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Ability to debug and resolve application errors and performance bottlenecks in a timely and effective manner
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Experience managing software deployments to Java servlet containers such as Jetty
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software in an Enterprise Linux environment
- Experience developing software with Git, Maven and Gradle
- Experience with Grafana or similar data visualization, analytics, and monitoring tools
- Knowledge of graph DBs, the Tinkerpop Graph API, or SigmaJS
- Experience writing and maintaining web-based ExtJS applications
- Experience writing software using message-oriented middleware such as JMS, AMQP, STOMP, or MQTT
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, and SQL
- Understanding of Usability Engineering principles and best practices for user interface design
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, FSP, Full Scope Polygraph, MW, 01-04
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.