Belay Tech is seeking a mid-level Test Engineer to provide testing support to the development of an enterprise middleware solution. You will join a small team in this role to provide functional and performance test support to ensure the developed software functions properly and the middleware solution operates efficiently within the client’s enterprise. You will participate in test planning and execution and will develop the necessary documentation for software deliveries. Work with software developers/management to develop test cases and ensure proper system functionality. All candidates should hold an active and full DoD security clearance.
Lead the Way
Belay wants you to lead the way – push boundaries, offer ideas, create solutions, and be a part of something great with Team Belay! Our team is full of technology pioneers who take the smartest approach, never accept the status quo, and are excited about making a difference!!
Our team leads:
- Ideas; white papers, new technologies, improving existing infrastructure and introducing solutions…Belay was built on ideas
- Growth; Be the Captain of your Fate! Share your aspirations and Belay will pave the way with conferences, education, mentorship and hands-on exposure to new and exciting things
- Development; step up, be instrumental in our growth and business efforts and you will be met with an open door to new experiences as leaders in a growing company
- Benefits; your feedback determines our offerings, which improve constantly based on your needs
- Giving: You tell us what is important to you and Belay will support your personal cause and charitable efforts, we’ve paid donations and volunteered to causes special to our team
- Fun; You give us ideas and we deliver in a big way, with go-kart racing, rock climbing, swanky casino nights, skeet shooting, happy hours and more!
Make a difference and have fun with Team Belay!!
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines.
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Six years professional experience with software design, development, and integration, including exposure to the entire software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with Java and MySQL. Knowledgeable with basic Linux and Windows OS commands
- Recent experience with designing, implementing, and executing API-level test cases
- Working knowledge of various cloud storage environments including Azure, AWS and Google and associated Compute Instance management.
- Experience working in a Puppet controlled environment.
- Experience with using SFTP.
- One year experience using Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Working knowledge of Redmine, GITLab and Jenkins CI/CD.
- Working experience with MySql DB schemas and structures to facilitate data verification and validation.
- Experience deploying, configuring and maintaining test builds
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tasks involved in the build process
- Adept in investigative testing to troubleshoot root cause of test failures to include identifying and interpreting Java exception traces.
- Experience editing scripts (ex. shell, .bat) to facilitate testing
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to management
- Ability to clearly communicate issues with software developers
- Technical writing skills
- Able to control an integration and test environment and manage software as it moves through the cycle.
- For all software release candidates, new features, patches and bug fixes create the use cases and performance tests to ensure software functions according to defined requirements and provide verification and validation of requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis and reverse engineering to replicate and resolve customer identified issues in a timely manner.
- Write quality test procedures and needed to fully exercise the system and use cases.
- Identify issues and clearly communicate them to developers in the form discrepancy reports.
- Experience with Test Frameworks like Junit
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Integration
- Experience with Maven
- Master’s degree in computer science, information security or a related field
Perks and Benefits
Belay Technologies offers an extensive benefits package, including:
– Up to 8 weeks in paid leave (4 weeks of personal leave, 3 days of Yay! leave, 10 paid holidays, and optional leave up to 6 days through Belay’s volunteer program)
– 6% matching in 401(k) contributions vested on day one
– $5,000 annual training/tuition or the option to use that money to pay off student loans
– Rich medical coverage (100% coinsurance, no copays) with a fully funded Health Savings Account with up to $3000 in annual contributions from Belay
– Dental coverage including orthodontia
– Up to $420,000 in life insurance, life insurance and disability premiums covered 100% by Belay
– Pet insurance, generous referral bonus program, company sponsored lunches and events, and many more!
Think you know someone who might be right for the job? Refer them to LeadTheWay@belaytech.com and you may be eligible for a referral reward up to $10,000!
What We Do
Belay Technologies provides leading technology and engineering solutions to the DoD, as well as state-of-the-art commercial products. We are a certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business in the Baltimore/Washington area, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire software engineers, web designers, test engineers, systems engineers, systems administrators, database engineers and other tech services.
Key words: Full Clearance, Fort Meade, SDVOSB, Service-disabled veteran owned small business, DoD, MW;SWEIIC;12-04
To apply for this job please visit belaytech.catsone.com.